If you pull me on your lap there is a 101% chance I’m going to make out with you.
or fart. it’s usually fart.
Two other women, also breast cancer survivors, said their husbands left them after they were diagnosed. Both had to have mastectomies (in case anyone doesn’t know, this is the surgical operation to remove one or both breasts).
The first woman said her husband told her that he would rather see her dead than see her lose her breasts. The second woman had her operation and waited all day to be picked up by her husband, who never arrived. By nightfall, one of the nurses offered to give her a ride, and she came home to find the house empty.
Obviously, these are extreme cases of a man’s reaction to his wife’s breast cancer, but this is what I see when I see the “I ♥ Boobies” bracelets. I see love of the body parts, not the person being treated—not the patient, not the victim, not the survivor.
oh my god this is heartbreaking
Wonder Woman v3 #001
Sakura (by tomo)
#LDS #ldsmemes #jefferyrholand #mormon #loveit #quotetoliveby #quote #ldsquote #inspiring #smile #sweet #beautiful #brave #teambraveforever
- You don’t have to achieve great things by the time you’re 25
- You have intrinsic value above and beyond your perceived utility to other people and society at large.
- You don’t have to have sex, or have sex in any way that you find uncomfortable or unpleasant, to keep…
my friend John just wrote the best post about catcalling possibly ever.
I 100% support this
The Queen’s Readers: A Collection of Essays on the Words and Worlds of Tamora Pierce is now available!!!!
We can’t wait for you all to see everyone’s hard work and we hope you’ll love it as much as we do.
The Queen’s Readers contains 33 essays from 28 contributors, covering a myriad of topics ranging from personal reflections, literary critiques, and character studies. The Forward was written by Mark Oshiro of Mark Reads / Mark Watches. The Cover Art was designed by minuiko.
It’s available at the following locations:
- Amazon US
- Amazon EU (including amazon.co.uk, amazon.de, amazon.fr, amazon.it, and amazon.es)
- It’s also available for the Kindle worldwide for $0.99. (amazon.com, amazon.ca, amazon.co.uk, amazon.de, amazon.fr, amazon.it, amazon.es, amazon.in, amazon.co.jp, amazon.com.br, amazon.com.mx, amazon.com.au)
- For those of you unable to purchase the book, we are working on getting a PDF version ready.
For the purposes of transparency, we’d like to let you all know that we are collecting no profit from this. The books are being sold at cost. We will be collecting a small royalty (literally less than 40 cents) from the Kindle copies, but that will be donated to a charity.
So run and definitely don’t walk to Amazon and start the celebration with us! We’re beyond ecstatic that we finally get to share this with you!
(This gif shows just a fraction of how excited we are.)
Here’s to the Queen’s Readers!
kindness makes you the most beautiful person in the world. no matter what you look like.